Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring time! Happy, Bright and Bees!

Today was gorgeous outside, well gorgeous for Maine standards and for it being March. 
I planted my butt out on the porch for the morning sipping my iced coffee and stumbling through the internet. 
But before you judge me sitting outside, "enjoying" the weather on the internet, I will tell you that later in the day I went out for a hike, and that I was waiting for my friends to pack up their car and head over my house. 

Just after deciding to get up to make sure my nikon battery was charged I heard this "bzzz'd"near my left ear, but it stopped as abruptly as it started. I looked over my shoulder in horror to find a bee sitting on my shoulder. 

It's funny that after 6 months (or so it feels like) of cold weather, I forgot how to deal with bees. So I just stood there, ducking down and hoping it would fly away, but it just sat there, not moving. I ran up to the nearest window to look at my reflection to see what it was up to. I finally decided I was going to "shoo" it away. I pulled up my hoodie to bump it off and it flew toward my face so I screamed and ran inside, immediately asking my father to check me from head to toe for a bee. 

I can deal with most insects, spiders, ants etc. But bees are not my friend. 
Here's hoping to a bee free/ sting free spring and summer! 

3 comments:

  1. nice blog:)
    if you like, you can visit my blog. :)
    http://kibear-love.blogspot.com/
    feel free to follow.
    love ♥
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the drawing! Haha, basically describes most of my days at the park! :') you're really talented btw, loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete